About Me

My photo
Blogs for gundam fans ~ Even though not that frequent updating, but will try my best to put my blog in better shape ~ ^^ Some of the my gunpla are built according from other sources such as Dengeki Hobby, Hobby Japan & other modeling sites. Feel free to leave comments on my blog, so that I could improve 'em. =)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BB Tenshiho Sazabi - Let there be some joints !

Well, it's time I do my BB kits already to clear out my backlogs..^^"

So i start with this Bangau powered Sazabi..^^"

The project starts on around 10am+.

P1000217_resize

Out of the box & box art. I like how the color was on the box art.

P1000218_resize

3 runners. A1, A2 & B. The heck, 2 different red.. Bright Red & Maroon Red. Darn, this calls for Mr. Surfacer.

Anyway, this is just a quick mod & seam lines puttying..haha..^^"

P1000219_resize

Arm : The green box is the approx area need to be clear & filing 'em to make some space for the kotobukiya PC joint.

P1000220_resize

Finished knee joints. I didn't show any pic before the mod 'coz it's just too simple, by this picture already can tell how the mod was done. =)

P1000223_resize

Side view.

P1000224_resize

Rear view.

P1000225_resize

My working area. ^^"

Ok proceed.

From my past experiences in fixing a Sangokuden kit, the biggest challenge is to attain the roundness of the helmet when seam line removal. Although did tried some with cement & quite satisfying, using putty is another way I could try to preserve the helmet's shapes.

P1000226_resize

& brain storming begins on how to seperate the top fin & the helmet. The answer ?

P1000229_resize

Cut the connector on the top fin. Before proceed, I puttied the helmet 1st before super gluing the connector underneath the helmet. Problem solved.

P1000230_resize
P1000231_resize
P1000233_resize

Quick assembly on it will look like when it's done. I like it. The proportion is just nice ~

P1000234_resize

Regarding the Kotobukiya PC joints. This is the set I was using. Can try find it at this shop.

P1000237_resize

Before I putty the hollows on the upper thigh, I cut a short lengths of unused runners, superglue it, wait it harden, sand to flatten it up then pour some putty into it. Save more time. ^^

P1000238_resize

Final look at it before proceeding to the next step, refining & painting.

P1000239_resize

& times was 2.53pm on the last pic.

My fastest time ever in modding a Sangokuden kit, within 5 hours is nice enough !

=)

4 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

The way you mod your BB Gundam is always ingenious! You have my respect bro!

Zoidiect Archaea said...

Great Mod :D

easy for you since you got Option parts =D

i had to search for some extra parts >_<

Evaritus Lau said...

@Dennis,

Thank you. =)

@ZD,

Been lurking moar shops & online store for this. I think you should try least once buying from HC or HLJ. ^^

chubbybots said...

Wah nice mods you got there man. Nice and simple!