About Me

My photo
Blogs for gundam fans ~ Even though not that frequent updating, but will try my best to put my blog in better shape ~ ^^ Some of the my gunpla are built according from other sources such as Dengeki Hobby, Hobby Japan & other modeling sites. Feel free to leave comments on my blog, so that I could improve 'em. =)

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Detailing of HG 1/144 Astray Red Frame Kai

It's all begun before the Chinese New Year eve...

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year, the year of the Horse Power !

So let's get down with it.


1st off, giving the ARF a new white, more to light gray type. :)

Parts, part anywhere...

A special mixture for the white & red. Both color uses Gaianotes Ultimate White.

While waiting for the white paint dries, masking time !

After from the hectic masking, I start off with Gaianotes Gloss Black for the black parts, & main attraction; the Garbera Straight.

The shine is quite ok after rub it with MGB Magic Powder, though...not even close to mirror look...

Garbera whoring time !



And lastly, the red paint coming in.

Take off the masking tape to see whether I did wonderfully or not.

Due to the flash reflect, it become beam Garbera Straight.

In the end, I gave another coat of Plate Silver NEXT which failed, but then, the dull look is quite a look now.

Alright, time to do some snapfit & hand paint the palms...*sigh*

=)

No comments: