About Me

My photo
Blogs for gundam fans ~ Even though not that frequent updating, but will try my best to put my blog in better shape ~ ^^ Some of the my gunpla are built according from other sources such as Dengeki Hobby, Hobby Japan & other modeling sites. Feel free to leave comments on my blog, so that I could improve 'em. =)

Monday, May 10, 2010

Just to share what I did for Nub-less marks.

Ok, since this is the most troublesome problem we all had, I'll share the technique for it. Pardon me for the simple drawing lolz. ^^


This is the part you guys must take notice of. Although some of the hobby cutter is sharp enough & could cut perfectly without any marks, but chances that the part has the white-ish mark is quite high. So what I is, always cut near the runner, not the part. & that left the nub un-touch for a while Same goes to the under-gate kind of nub, usually found on gold plated parts(NG 1/100 Gold Frame Amatsu) and colored parts (MG 1/100 Blue Frame 2nd Revise / Red Frame Kai).


After that, use the cutter and cut again. This time try to cut as close as possible. That way, sanding process would be easier.

Oh I almost forget, never use round-head kind of cutter as the impact while cutting will make the white-ish mark quite visible, even after sanding. & that's what primer is very useful, & time consuming again.

Hope it helps.

=)

5 comments:

Syful said...

nice tutorials, the same thing Kawaguchi sensei taught in his DVDs, except he was more detailed into it... how the heck do i have to measure 0.03mm nubs left from the parts... =.='

Evaritus Lau said...

Haha, actually you don't. That's just his assumption bah,not really that accurate to be honest with, since at the end, you'll sand it off anyway. =)

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Thx for the free tutorial. You gain will you share! Cheers!

Evaritus Lau said...

Cheers ! You happy I'm happy. =D

pSyk said...

Thank you so much for putting this tutorial up!

guess you're right. Have to sand it off anyways. but it's really kind of you to share your technique :)