About Me

My photo
Blogs for gundam fans ~ Even though not that frequent updating, but will try my best to put my blog in better shape ~ ^^ Some of the my gunpla are built according from other sources such as Dengeki Hobby, Hobby Japan & other modeling sites. Feel free to leave comments on my blog, so that I could improve 'em. =)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

MG Unicorn - Part by part

Testing posting using Flickr instead of Picasa. =)

Get ready for image heavy-ness !

1st impression on this 2nd build Unicorn, way easier than Ver.KA. Why I said so ? The ABS plastic is much friendlier, it didn't too tight, just nice to move it around ~

P1000093_resize

So I go by manual book steps then, 1st off; body.

P1000094_resize

Although it didn't come out what I've expected but I did paint the pilot dome with thinned red. Beware, the smell of thinner + the plastic of Psycho Frame is very hazard. I had flee from my room for 2 hours because of that.

P1000095_resize

& I proceed to painting the pilot. Yes tough is the only word I could describe on painting this, need lots of patient to do so, which I don't have...^^"

P1000096_resize

My work place = on the floor + rough rugged carpet..^^"

P1000097_resize

Sorry for the blurred pics, can't steady my hands.

P1000098_resize

Much clearer. The dome looks very reddish after the very thinned red painted in it. Lucky didn't see the horrible paint job on the pilot inside..^^"

P1000099_resize

Side view. All parts are sanded 'til the blacken spot appear;a very good sign rather than white spot.

P1000100_resize

Rear view.

P1000101_resize

Completing the body frame with the lower abdomen on.

P1000102_resize
P1000103_resize
P1000104_resize
P1000105_resize
P1000106_resize

Final look of it. Won't see the pilot any longer..

P1000107_resize

Cockpit hatch frame assembled.

P1000108_resize

Quick fix the right arm's frame, which I totally forgot to take photos..

P1000109_resize

But lucky I haven't assembling the left arm. ^^ So as you can see there's a total of 10 parts for each arm including the psycho frame parts. Pretty straight forward.

P1000110_resize

Joints that connecting the legs to waist part. (forgot to take assembled parts..)

P1000111_resize

& lastly, ankle parts which is assembled...

Duh I thought I could finish it within a day, seems like I'm wrong..=.=

Anyway, maybe by tomorrow the whole frame is done, then I can working on the armors.

=)

3 comments:

mangyver5223 said...

work slow GOOD results, work fast DAMN results XD

Chris said...

Ahhh! Banagher is bleeding! Medic, we need medic! XD

Would love to see a comparison between the ver.Ka and this when you're done.^^

Anonymous said...

Part by parts! Much to snap pictures! I retired from doing so for now.